Temporary closure due to Covid-19
To all of our cherished PSA/Allegro clients, patients and friends
In support of the just-announced shelter-in-place for 6 Bay Area counties, and recognizing that we have both staff and patients who live in some of the affected counties, we have made the decision to temporarily close both Allegro MedSpa (Santa Rosa and Novato) as well as Plastic Surgery Associates of Santa Rosa.
The closure is preventative and not due to an exposure within our office community. Adhering to state and national emergency declarations is what will help flatten the curve for all of
us. There is a request from local hospitals and the CDC to postpone all elective
procedures. We will be temporarily closed starting tomorrow, Tuesday, 3/17/20. Our staff will be in to answer phone calls, reschedule appointments and to help any postoperative patients who may still need to be seen.
This is a difficult decision for all of us but we believe it is in the best interest of our patients, our practice and our community. We will update you as soon as we have more information.
Prevention & Good Hygiene Remain Key
The best way to reduce the risk of becoming infected with a respiratory virus, whether the flu or COVID-19, is to practice good hygiene:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing;
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available;
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or crook of your elbow (not your hands).
- If you use a tissue, throw it away and wash your hands afterward;
- Avoid touching your face;
- Stay home from work or school if you have a fever or are feeling sick;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe;
- Get your flu shot to protect against flu.
We look forward to seeing all of you very soon and we appreciate your understanding in these difficult times.
Dr. Furnas and Dr. Canales